TERMINOLOGY CLARIFICATION AS YOU EVALUATE PROPERTIES:
1. "Beachside" does not mean "beach front." "Beachside" should mean that the home is on the beach side of Kalaheo Avenue and there will be no streets to cross to get to the beach. Please ask the property owner if there are any streets to cross to get to the beach.
2. A "beach front" home is actually on the beach.
3. "Ocean front" in Kailua means there are only rocks in the front of the property and there is no beach. You will need to drive to get to the beach.
4. "Ocean view" means that you will have a view of the ocean, but the home is likely up on a hillside.
questions to ask other property owners:
1. Do you give a 30 night contract? (If not, the property may be closed down under the new City and County regulations.)
2. Do I have to cross any streets to get to the beach?
3. Is there a private beach right-of-way for my use? If not, how far is the public right-of-way?
4. Will we be the only renters on the property?